RegistrationHow to Register with Pearson VUE
Candidates will need to register to take the NCLEX with Pearson VUE and provide their program code, an email address and an acceptable form of payment. The first and last name provided when registering must match exactly with the identification presented at the exam appointment.Register Online NowAlready registered? Sign in to schedule now
- Online: Register via the Pearson VUE website using a credit, debit or prepaid VISA, MasterCard or American Express card.
- Telephone: Register via Pearson VUE Candidate Services using a credit, debit or prepaid VISA, MasterCard or American Express card.
- Online with Third-party Payment: Register via the Pearson VUE website using a third-party payment from nursing schools, agencies or employers. Third-party payment instructions.
Candidates should receive an email confirmation acknowledging their NCLEX registration within two days of submitting a registration, correspondence from Pearson VUE is only via email.
Registration Time Limit
NCLEX registrations stay open 365 days waiting for candidate eligibility from the NRB. Once candidates are made eligible, candidates must test within the validity dates on their Authorization to Test (ATT) email.
- If candidates are not made eligible or are denied eligibility by the NRB within the 365-day time period, candidates will forfeit their NCLEX registration and exam fee. If this occurs, candidates will need to reregister and pay another exam fee after the current registration expires.
- Candidates may not have two NCLEX registrations (of the same exam type) open at the same time. If a candidate reregisters before the current registration expires, the second registration will be processed and denied, and the fee collected will be non-refundable.